30 December 2009

More projects call to me


So, now that Christmas has passed, the heat's off, right? Hell no, I'm furiously trying to finish the last gift that should've been posted to Florida well over a week ago: my mother-in-law's Fern Lace Stole. I knew I was pitting myself against that unweilding foe TIME when I failed to cast on until Dec. 6, but I went there anyway. And now I'm growing bored with the project. And I'm soooo close to finishing!!!!

I have just under 2 balls left before I bind off and begin the edging for which I'm reserving my last ball. I found this fabulous Vanessa yarn from Universal at a local Super Dollar. I've learned it's a discontinued line, but I absolutely adore it! I bought up a bunch, about 12 balls of the greenish color, 7 balls of the blueish that I'm currently using on this unfinished gift, and another 8 or so of a pinkish color that I'm planning on using in a stole for a close friend.

But as I search around on Ravelry for an edging choice with which to finish this Fern Lace project, I'm seized by that urge to cast on several new projects! There's a mitten pattern that I've yet to write down that I love doing, there's a scarf I've wanted to do for my sister and another for my mother, then there's the hat my daughter wants and allegator scarf my son's been waiting for.

But I can't stay away from looking through the patterns! And worse, my library of knitting books keeps growing, thanks to my wonderful husband. But I hang my head as I admit I've knit nary a one from those many books...is this normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment